Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints. This condition can also affect the tissues surrounding the joints (muscles, tendons, ligaments) as well as other organs of the body (skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs and muscles).
It is a progressive condition and over a period of time, it causes joint destruction and functional disability.
2.infections or factors in the environment might trigger the immune system to attack the body's own tissues (Autoimmune response), resulting in inflammation.
In any case, the autoimmune response causes chronic inflammation of the joints, that later progresses to joint destruction.
3. Stress can act a predisposing factor as well as a trigger to induce acute episodes of the condition.
The disease is three times more common in women as compared to men. It afflicts people of all races equally. The disease can begin at any age, but peak incidence is seen between 40 to 60 years of age.
Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
The following are some of the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Common symptoms during the active stage of RA are as follows:
• Joint swelling, redness and tenderness
• Joint stiffness
• Limited range of motion of joints
• Deformities of hands and feet (at later stages)
• Muscular pains
• Loss of appetite
• Usually multiple joints are affected at one time (polyarthritis)
• Symmetrical affection of joints is common
• Small joints of hands and feet; elbows, ankles are commonly involved
• Skin redness or inflammation
• Round, painless nodules under the skin
• Inflammation of the lung (pleurisy)
• Swollen glands
Diagnosis of RA:
Following are the common tests done to diagnose RA:
• RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) factor
• X-ray of the joint
• ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate)
• C-Reactive proteins (CRP)
• CBC (Complete blood count)
Homeopathic treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis
RA being an auto immune in nature, calls for constitutional medication. Homeopathy offers excellent treatment for the cases of RA, especially for those who have not developed joint deformities. The pain control is very effective with homeopathy and this is without any side effects whatsoever. The treatment can also have a role to play in controlling the progress of the condition to some extent and in delaying the onset of complications.
Treated cases on Rheumatoid Arthritis