Skin eruptions on thickened skin in localized area which can be painful and swelled up or inflamed is known as Corns, or even calluses. Also in some cases, these lesions can be painless.
Reaction to friction and pressure can result in corn. Also skin making an effort to protect from blistering results in continuous injury. Increase in the number of keratinocytes (basal epidermal cells)causes skin surface to acquire thicker stratum corneum and thicker prickle cell layer.
Symptoms of Corns
Following are the symptom visible in patients suffering from corn:
Hands and feet are more prominently seen affected with skin lesions. Also other parts in body are affected.
• Skin lesions on palms
• On knuckle pads
• Appear on side of the foot
• Seen on foot’s ball
Entire palm’s or sole’s thick skin is called as plantar keratoderma and palmar.
Homeopathic treatment for Corns
Pressure of affected skin area is the first part of the treatment to be paid attention to.
• Comfortable, perfect fitting and flat footwear are recommended to choose.
• For recurrent task causing skin injuries substitute with leather gloves
• Minimizing the friction around affected area by applying cushions or protective blaster.
• Use web spacers or soft cottons alleviate pressure on separating toes.
Lessen the thickness of your skin.
• Pumice, sandpaper or file the thickened skin.
• For this soak your skin for about 10minutes or longer in warm water.
Ease the suffering of achy fissures (cracks)
• Lubricating, thick ointment to be applied (e.g. Petroleum Jelly)
• Use nail glue or adhesive for covering the surface of skin.
• Obtain proper medicine to prevent infection.
• Thick adhesive plaster for covering.