it is a chronic, recurring and treatable disorder where patient undergoes sadness, worthlessness, loss of motive, loss of interest and/or hopelessness.
A depressive disorder is an illness which can be expressed as persistent sad mood. person can’t make himself well by trying to take him out of it. It affects eating and sleeping, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about things.
Depression results from a complex, less understood biochemical changes in the brain, Increased levels of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters, such as serotonin and norepinephrine are found to improve the state of depression.
These are influenced and supported by multiple causes inclusive of genetic trait, circumstantial factors, hormonal factors, socio-personal reasons, etc
Symptoms of depression
The following are some of the symptoms of depression:
- Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability, anger, agitation
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain
- Persistent sad, anxious, unexplained crying spells
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism, guilt feeling, worthlessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex, social withdrawal
- Loss of energy, persistent lethargy
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
Homeopathic treatment for depression
It can take care of various symptoms of depression. Extreme cases of depression on drug dependency (on high doses of the conventional medicines for a long time )which may not find good results, homeopathy has great success.
Homeopathy can positively influence personality traits that are working at the base of disease. It can change an attitude towards looking stress and strains.
Treated cases on depression