The World Health Organization defines diarrhea as experiencing three or more liquid or loose stools in a day or a condition of undergoing frequent (more than normal) stools depending upon the person.
Secretory of Diarrhoea
Cholera toxin is the common cause of diarrhea and there is almost no structural damage occurred.
Osmotic of Diarrhoea
The situation wherein bowels are strained with excessive water leads to osmotic diarrhea.
• Celiac or pancreatic diseases (maldigestion) can occur due to osmotic diarrhea.
• Osmotic diarrhea can occur due to presence of excessive undigested lactose, vitamin C and magnesium in healthy people forms.
• Osmotic laxatives draw water into bowels lessening the constipation condition.
Exudative of Diarrhoea
Presence of pus and blood in stool often associated with inflammatory bowel diseases occurs with exudative diarrhea.
Motility-related of Diarrhoea
Hypermotility or speedy food movement in the intestines that passes too quickly from gastrointestinal or digestive tract without offering proper time for enough nutrients and water absorption causes motility- related diarrhea.
• Diabetic neuropathy, agronomy or menstruation complication can lead to this situation.
• Also hyperthyroidism can be a reason leading to pseudo and real diarrhea.
• When the brush border or mucosal lining is damaged leading to inactive loss of protein-rich fluids and diminished capability to absorb the lost fluids defines the inflammatory diarrhea condition.
• The autoimmune problems like inflammatory bowel diseases or bacterial infections, parasitic infections, viral infections causes inflammatory diarrhea.
• Enteritis, colon cancer and tuberculosis can also lead to inflammatory diarrhea.
Infection - Infectious diarrhea
• The causes of infectious diarrhea can be traced to number of reasons like parasites, bacteria, virus, etc.
• Norovirus is the main reason for adults with infectious diarrhea whereas rotavirus in children below age of 5years.
• Also astroviruses results in development of great number of viruses.
• Bacterial diarrhea’s causes can be traced due to infections by shigellae, some strains of Escherichia coli and salmonellae but bacterium campylobacter is viewed as the common cause.
• Toxin generated by clostridium difficile is seen producing severe diarrhea in elderly people who are treated for their unrelated infections with antibiotics.
Homeopathic treatment for Diarrhea:
Replacement of salts and lost fluid through mouth i.e. - ‘oral rehydration therapy’ or intravenously in critical cases serves to be the highly recommended treatment for most cases of diarrhea. Medications like usage of antibiotics, bismuth compounds, codeine phosphate and anti motility agents give good results for treating diarrhea. Also specialized homeopathic treatment offers great cure for the diarrhea disorder and helps reduction in symptoms and improves the condition of patients.