A hernia occurs when part of an internal organ bulges through a weak area of muscle. Most hernias occur in the abdomen. There are several types of hernias, including
• Inguinal, the most common type, is in the groin
• Umbilical, around the belly button
• Incisional, through a scar
• Hiatal, a small opening in the diaphragm that allows the upper part of the stomach to move up into the chest.
• Congenital diaphragmatic, a birth defect that needs surgery
Symptoms of Hernia
The following are some of the symptoms of Hernia:
Hernias are common. They can affect men, women and children. A combination of muscle weakness and straining, such as with heavy lifting, might contribute. Some people are born with weak abdominal muscles and may be more likely to get a hernia.
Homeopathic treatment for Hernia
The usual treatment for a hernia is surgery to repair the opening in the muscle wall. Untreated hernias can cause pain and health problems.