Vaginal discharge is a universal problem of all women.
• Most secretions are considered life style physiological and needs no medical interventions.
• But it is significant if it is blood stained, profuse, foul smelling or with changes in its colour.
• Usually the normal secretions are slimy and slightly sticky. It is something like nasal secretion.
• Normally the quantity of vaginal secretions varies throughout the menstrual cycle, peaking at ovulation and also increasing when under emotional stress.
Usually it is in association with other illness.
Commonly infectious: fungal, parasitic, bacterial and sexually transmitted diseases are the prime
malfunction of the female reproductive tract
It can be as a result of temporary congestion due to fatigue, cold, exhaustion, febrile states or acute processes menstruation, foreign growths, laceration, congestion, parturition, abortion, sexual overindulgence, uterine displacements, efforts to prevent conception, infections of all kinds, specific diseases such as syphilis, and gonorrhoea, gouty states of the blood, tuberculosis, struma and a thousand other causes
Clinically there are 4 divisions of leucorrhoea.
Vulvular, Vaginal, Cervical and Uterine.
Vulvular: Sero-purulent, viscid, unctuous with the odor of old cheese or at least an offensive smell. It comes largely from a rapidly developing sebaceous fluid. It is found oftener in children and in aged women.
Vaginal: Occurs in young women and is creamy or white, purulent, may be either bland or excoriating.
Cervical: Thick, tenacious, ropy or stringy showing the albuminous elements.
Uterine: is more watery and is similar to that of cervical. It may be tinged with blood or mixed with pus. It occurs in child-bearing period
a cleansing and sanitary process
Symptoms of Leucorrhoea
The following are some of the symptoms of Leucorrhoea:
weakness as well as pain in the lumbar region and the calves.
black patches under the eyes.
Discharge may be slimy, viscid to dark colored or even bloody with a foul smell.
In some cases, the accompanying symptoms are:
• Lower abdominal pain
• Painful sexual act Intense itching with odema of vagina
• Soreness and burning in the genital tract
• Burning urination and frequent urge to pass very little urine
• Irritability and lack of concentration in work due to consciousness of discharges
• Backache and pain in the leg, especially thigh and calf muscles
• Digestive disturbances like constipation or diarrhoea or vomiting
• General tiredness due to loss of vital fluids as discharges
Homeopathic treatment for Leucorrhoea
1. Maintain hygiene
2. understand the cause and consult
3. Homeopathy has very good medicines which work specifically but always constitutional remedies work excellent as the reason behind this condition is mostly constitutional.