Lichen Planus is an obstinate and a rare case skin disorder in which itchy rash or inflammation eruptions are seen occurring on the skin. It is non-allergic, prolonged, repetitive, critical, non-contagious and non infectious skin disease which affects skin, tongue, scalp, nails, genitals and oral mucosa. During the initial stage there is less chance of the lichen planus developing over all these areas together but worsens the condition with time.
The exact cause of the problem is not yet traced. More number of females are diagnosed with this problem than males and rarely children are affected.
1.9% of the total population is suffering from lichen planus caused due to various immunological factors and due to chemicals drugs, stress, etc.
Symptoms of Lichen Planus
The symptoms of Lichen Planus are as follows:
• Most cases of lichen planus are insidious.
• In the initial stage, the lichen planus eruption is located on the flexor surface of the limbs like on the wrists. However the eruption progresses and spreads widely after a week or more.
• Pruritus is common in lichen planus. But it varies in severity type and extent of eruption. Hypertrophic eruptions are intensely pruritic.
• Oral lesions can lead to burning sensation or be asymptomatic. In case if they are eroded, they can be painful.
• Eruptions resolve within 6months in more than 50% of patients with cutaneous disease and 85% cases subsides within 18months. However oral lichen planus are said to exist for 5years. Annular, large, hypertrophic lesions and mucous membrane involvement have more chances to become chronic.
Homeopathic treatment for Lichen Planus
Homeopathy proves to be a good option for curing the problem of lichen planus as it has promising and definite treatment for it. Lichen Planus has autoimmune form and so its constitutional base is in trouble, so homeopathic treatment proves effective to cure this disease effectively with its constitutional approach. Homeopathy doctors first evaluate the complete personality of the patients considering the mental, physical and genetic factors and then progress with the treatment. Homeopathy thus treats the condition entirely and restores the normal process of the body effectively.