Multiple Sclerosis, also known as disseminated sclerosis is a chronic, degenerative and progressive disorder of the central nervous system (CNS). The disease is more prominent in young individuals and continues to stay for a long run paralyzing the prime life. It is an inflammatory disease disseminating demyelinating the nerve fibers of brain and spinal cord. Characterized by perivascular infiltrations of monocytes and lymphocytes, Multiple Sclerosis appear as indurated areas in pathological specimens and hence the term sclerosis is plaques.
Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
The symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis are as follows:
• The most common symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis are double vision, scanning speech, trembling
hands and legs, fading or dimness in vision, vertigo and loss of balance, numbness and tingling
pain in limbs, weakness of one or more limbs, etc.
• Patients improving after the acute attacks undergo declining stage known as secondary progressive MS.
• The symptoms faced by patients suffering from primary progressive MS are : Weakness of a limb
which gradually progresses to weaken other limbs and conclude in total paralyzes, disability
without any interference (without any reduction) and further weakness of legs and incontinence
(reflection of more spinal cord involvement).
• Cerebellar, cognitive and vision symptoms are also noticed in MS.
• Signs showing spinal cord or bran atrophy leading neurodegenerative process, showing that MS is not only an inflammation disease.
• Short-term memory loss problems, visuospatial disturbances and difficulty in executing sequential tasks.
• The benign multiple sclerosis term is mostly applied to cases where the diseases run a mild course over the years (approx 10% of MS cases).
• Fatigue is also one of the most common symptoms faced by the MS patients. This can be described as either mental slowdown or physical exhaustion. Depression, loss of sleep, exertion exhaustion also constitutes to be the symptom faced by people suffering from MS.
• Fatigue after hot shower or after tiring activity in hot environment.
• Serious MS condition, may lead a person to coma or death.
• Bipolar disorder and frank dementia are symptoms usually appearing at the later stage in the disease however may also appear initially in some cases.
• Ataxia, depression, visual symptoms or hemi paresis or paraoaresis.
• The condition of symptoms can be worsening due to illness including viral or bacterial upper respiratory or urinary tract infections.
• Trigeminal neuralgia or facial palsies
• Difficulty in controlling emotions, behavioral or cognitive symptoms like dementia or depression,social disinhibition, greater chances of attempting suicide
• Urinary retention, also bowel habit alterations may occur but is less frequent.
• Sexual dysfunction affecting majority of people like erectile dysfunction, lack of desire, premature
ejaculation, difficulty in physically interacting with partner due to painful leg abductor muscles
spasms, less genital sensation and weak sexual responsiveness.
Homeopathic treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
No exact cause of multiple sclerosis is traced till date for the life-imprisoning symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. However it has been produced in recent research that the disease is the result of alterations in the immune system which is causing the defensive mechanism of the body to attacking its own tissues and organs of the body. Thus it can be said that multiple sclerosis is the constitutional disorder greatly affected by the alteration in immune system which is a result of genetic disorder or hereditary factors. Thus homeopathic treatment proves to be the best cure for preventing the problem of multiple sclerosis with its constitutional approach. Homeopathic medicines proves to be very effective for preventing the emotional, physical and genetic problems and alteration occurred in the body of the patients and heals them achieving normal mental, physical and genetic stability. It breakdown the symptoms and alleviates it from the body of patients suffering from MS and helps people regain their pink of health back.