Although myasthenia gravis affects any voluntary muscle, muscles of eyes and eyelids muscles of face and muscle of swallowing are most frequently affected. The onset of the disorder may be sudden. Symptoms often are not immediately recognized as myasthenia gravis.
Symptoms of Myasthenia gravis
The following are some of the symptoms of Myasthenia gravis:
• In most cases, the first noticeable symptom is weakness of the eye muscles.
• In some people difficulty in swallowing and slurred speech.
• The degree of muscle weakness varies greatly, ranging from a localized form,(eye muscles) (ocular myasthenia), to a severe or generalized form (many muscles) – (affections of muscles to control breathing).
• Symptoms, which vary in type and severity -
• drooping of one or both eyelids (ptosis)
• blurred or double vision (diplopia)
• unstable or waddling gait
• weakness in arms ,hands, fingers, legs, and neck
• Change in facial expression, difficulty in swallowing and shortness of breath, and impaired speech (dysarthria).
Homeopathic treatment for Myasthenia gravis
• anticholinesterase ( neostigmine and pyridostigmine )
• Immunosuppressive drugs (prednisone, cyclosporine, and azathioprine)
• Thymectomy, the surgical removal of the thymus gland
• High-dose intravenous immune globulin