Urticaria also commonly known as hives is a kind of skin rash accompanied with itching. It leaves visibly pale red, raised above skin level, itchy welts (wheals or swellings) and itchy bumps on the parts of the body causing stringing or burning sensation. It is often caused due to allergic reactions but can also be traced to non-allergic causes.
Urticaria can appear on any part of the body and last for valuable period, from seconds to even hours. They have tendency to disappear and reappear. Urticaria can be acute which resolves after 6-8weeks or can take the face of chronic Urticaria that last continuous to last even after 6-8 weeks.
Causes of Urticaria
The most common causes that leads to urticaria are as follows:
- Viral Infections
- Drug induced hives
- Infection or Environmental agents and factors
- Dermatographic Urticaria (caused due to scratching or firm stroking of skin)
- Stress or cholinergic
- Cold-induced (exposure to extreme cold, windy conditions) or Heat-induced ( skin being continuously exposed to heat)
- Water-induced (occurring upon contact with water)
- Autoimmune causes (presence of auto antibodies against immunoglobulin )
- Food allergens
- Synthetic products like cosmetic products, deodorants, talcum powder, perfumes, etc.
- Emotional factors (insecurity, prolonged stress, sadness)
- Whereas in some cases the causes of Urticaria remain unidentified.
Symptoms of Urticaria
The following are the symptoms visible in a person suffering from Urticaria:
- Wheals – raised area above the normal skin level, like a swelling
- Skin eruptions or erythematous rose from skin level with intense itching and usually worsened by itching and local warmth.
- Angioedema– condition when deep tissues are affected. The typical lesion may last from minute to half an hour or even for longer duration. Some may get eruptions once in a day while others may experience it many times a day. For some people can restricted to couple of spots while in others it may appear as wide spread rashes for days or even for months.
Homeopathic treatment for Urticaria
Homeopathic treatment is the effective way for curing the critical and reoccurring Urticaria problem completely. Homeopathic treatment provides treatment at immunological level and treats the disease. It alleviates the symptoms of Urticaria and reduces its frequency of occurring back to the patient treating the disease from within.
For treating Urticaria, homeopathy thus proves to be the ideal alternative as it treats the person at immune level. It is harmless, effective and gives long-lasting cure from the disease and prevents it from reoccurring.
Treated cases on Urticaria